Latest News

I dont' want to marry Rahul - Nikunj Malik

Thursday, March 4, 2010 , Posted by Anshika at 6:36 AM

She may very well become the second Mrs Rahul Mahajan but 25-year-old Nikunj Malik from Faridabad, is not so keen on taking up that role anymore.
One of the three finalists on the reality TV show, Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Malik beat off competition from 16,755 applicants and 16 contestants in order to win Mahajan’s heart. But now she says “he’s put me off”.
“I am not too keen on marrying him anymore. But we did sign a bond before the show and if he chooses me, I will definitely not walk out. But he will have to quit smoking and flirting with other women. These are the two things I will never allow,” she says.
Curiously enough it’s not Mahajan’s past that bothers Malik. Though he was involved in a cocaine scandal and accused of being a wife beater, Malik, a graduate of the National Institute of Fashion Technology in Delhi, says, “Everyone deserves a second chance. It was his closeness to other girls, especially Dimpy Ganguly, that put me off.”
Malik reveals that she entered the contest on her mother’s insistence. “She really liked Rahul and wanted me to get married to him. But I really don’t understand why the other two girls want to get married at the young age of 20,” she says, referring to the other two finalists, Dimpy Ganguly (21) and Harpreet Chabra (20).
Playing the coy Indian bride on television has not broken Malik’s resolve to remain independent after marriage. She affirms, “I am planning to launch my fashion label soon, with or without Rahul. Marriage will not stop me from working as I have spent 25 years of my life working towards this.”

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment